It’s here it’s here it’s here!!!
What a crazy awesome week this has been! On Sunday night, we had a big family dinner (including family favourites that belong at all celebrations… grilled tri-tip, mom’s homemade potato salad, and dad’s homemade blackberry ice cream. Yum!!). On Monday, I had my very first radio interview! It was a half-hour long and it was on a radio show in my hometown of San Luis Obispo, which also happens to be the setting of Drawn In!
And then today… March 17th… it finally happened. My book is on sale!! People who pre-ordered the Kindle version had it downloaded to their tablets, and the paperback link to buy went live on the CreateSpace site!! (Still unclear why it’s not live on the Amazon site, but I’m told it will take up to three days to activate. So annoying. But I digress.)
So, long story short… this has been an amazing week. And the moral of the story is that you can now buy my book right here!
Woo (and may I add…) hoo!
Hey all! Want to win a prize? No, for reals. The blog tour to promote Drawn In is happening next week, and you can visit the blog stops each day and enter to win! There will be FREE paperback copies (one will be annotated with notes from moi!), and there are also scrabble-tile pendants featuring my beautiful cover art! Pretty sweet, huh?
Here are the stops… get ready!
Okay, so there you have it. Mark your calendars and spread the word!
I haven’t posted in a little while, BUT I have a fantastic excuse. Ready? Book One is COMPLETE. That’s right. You heard it here first. The Kindle version is available for pre-sale here, and the paperback version is uploaded and the proof copy is on its way to me even as we speak. (Okay, we’re not speaking. But now as I type, it’s making its way to my doorstep.) So, pretty good excuse, right?
So in lieu of a regular posty kind of post, I’m going to take an idea from another blog I follow by wonderful YA author Skylar Dorset (find her blog here and the first book in her fantastic Otherworld series here). She does what she calls a “Pick Me-Up” post where she just lists a few things that have made her happy in the recent week. So I’m taking a page from her book, and posting my own list of recent happy things.
Five things that have made me happy in the last week:
- Snow!!!! Winter finally found its way to the Ozarks and we are snowed in! I know that so many people are annoyed by this fact, but I love it. Bring it on.
- Finally feeling like Book One is FINISHED. It’s been a long long long time coming, and I know my book isn’t perfect. I know that. But I like it, and I’m happy to introduce it to the world in just a few short weeks!
- Big Hero 6. I saw this movie in the theatres when we first got back from Tokyo, and we watched it again last night. The movie itself is so wonderful and sweet and funny… it’s quickly becoming a favourite. But having just been to Japan, it took on a whole different meaning for me. I love it so much. I could live in San Fransokyo. So brilliant.
- Green fingernails. That’s right–green. St Patrick’s Day is upon us and my nails are in the Irish mood!
- My puppy. Okay, to be fair, she’s on my list every week. She’s sweet and spoiled and super cute, and she LOVES the snow. Happy happy girl.
And there ya have it! What tops your list this week?